Making a tarot bag out of felt is quick and easy, and yet the results can be quite striking in their simplicity…
You will need:
- Felt, in purple, black and white
- thread, in black and white
- PVA glue, optional
- Cut two pieces of felt to approx 11.5cm x 15cm – or to the size you require. A rough estimate can be found by measuring the cards you are wanting to store in your felt bag and adding 2-3cm all around it, depending on the dimensions of your deck. Check to see if this large enough by placing your deck between the two pieces and seeing if the edges will easily come together. If not, you will need to make it bigger.
- Out of the white felt, cut out an eye shape, a few centimetres smaller than the width of your bag. Use the black felt to create the detail.
- Either glue or stitch using the black thread the black felt on to the white.
- Affix the eye to one of the purple pieces of felt.
- Using the white thread, sew the two pieces of purple felt together around the two side edges and across the bottom, leaving approximately 0.5 – 1cm between the stitches and the edge.
If you want your bag to close, sew a button on the inside of the back piece of felt. Then carefully cut a slit in the same place on the front piece.
The spirit of the river is calling you…
Do you hear Her voice?
I have posted my first new article on this site after what seems like an age…though in reality I am sure it can’t have been that long! :-)
Anyway, the article is called ‘A Quick and Easy Guide to Colour Divination’, and it can be found under the Book / Articles tab on the menu.
Hope you enjoy!
It is the hermitess within me that craves solitude and distance from my usual distractions and pattern of life. A breaking with the norm.
Every so often she pulls me away and makes me readjust my focus. She enjoys the quiet…the thinking and contemplating.
I wander a little during these times – figuratively speaking – although I do tend to spend even more time in nature than usual.
It isn’t a time to write and share – that comes later. First I must think and experience, analyse my thoughts and seek out new sources of inspiration as well as reawaken my connection to old ones. I search for guidance, seek answers, pose questions, read, study, ponder the direction I am heading in as well as my purpose.
It can be a challenging time, but then I remind myself that no-one said it would be easy. Growth and development, knowledge and wisdom do not come for free. Sometimes sacrifice is required. Sometimes it can feel like no progress is being made. Sometimes there is too much movement, at too great a pace. It is unpredictable but the rewards for persevering make it worthwhile, if only one can stick with it.
I suppose this sort-of explains my little blog absence…
My little break away has been productive. I have a new free course that I am working on at the moment, and I hope I will get around to posting it some time this month. There are also a number of articles that I working on; some for this site but others I might try submitting further afield :-) If anyone has any suggestions for where, I am all ears…
I also have a little gift for my cherished readers, which will be ready in the run-up to Samhain. I won’t say any more for the moment…
So, I hope you have all had a great summer – or winter if you are in the southern hemisphere.